Cloud computing is the delivery of shared resources, software and information over the Internet. It is a relatively new delivery model for IT services and provides users with a completely different way to use and manage their IT software and platforms. A common way to use cloud computing is to subscribe, or pay a monthly fee to use a particular software solution. Instead of the software being installed on a user’s computer directly, the user accesses the software remotely, via their web browser.
Some of the generic benefits of cloud computing include:
- Cost: Cost can be greatly reduced since capital 香港 event 公司 expenditure is converted to operational expenditure, lowering the barriers to entry
- Local Independence: Users can access systems using a web browser, regardless of their location or device they are using
- Scalability and Peak Load Capacity: Using software on the cloud means that companies can manage peaks in demand with ease
- Reliability: Reliability is improved making is a safer option with regards to disaster recovery
- Maintenance: This is easier on cloud computing since the software is not installed on the user’s computer; meaning that support and upgrades are managed and taken on by the provider themselves.
Event managers are able to take advantage of cloud computing and use it to improve efficiency and reduce the cost of their events.
Two of the most popular cloud software solutions for event managers are:
Google Docs is a fantastic example of cloud computing. Traditionally, working off a master document on a conventional server or network could cause many issues, such as:
- Not knowing if you’re working on the most recent version
- Only one person at a time being able to gain access
- Only those working on the server/network would be able to access the document
- Issues with duplication
However, hosting documents on the cloud means that key members of the event team (and external partners and suppliers) can access documents at any time from any place (Internet connection pending). There’s no limit to the number of people who can view the document at any time, updates are made in real time, and there are no issues with document duplication. Additionally, hosting documents on the cloud is also safer, since they are not relying on the security of the network or server they would normally be kept on.
Event Management Software
Event software is starting to play a key role in the organisation and management of events. Comprehensive event management software includes features such as:
Website integration: event software should seamlessly integrate with your existing website without the need to re-design or re-brand
Online Registration: event management software should allow event managers to create a fully customisable online booking form capturing the most relevant information from your delegates
Event Communication: Clear and targeted communication to your delegate audience is crucial, the event system should include integrated event communication tools such as email marketing, invitation and surveys
Event Badges: One of the most time consuming jobs for an event manager is production of delegate badges. Event software enables personalised badges to be created pre or during the event simply and quickly
Event Resource Management: Simply manage and allocate all resources through a comprehen