5 Different Ways of Abortion – What You Need to Know
Are you thinking of abortion? Your decision might be influenced cytotec La Paz by a number of factors. This is because you might be faced with different adverse circumstances that might include unwanted pregnancies or you suffering health risks.
How can you undergo the process?
There are a number of ways you can undergo the process and not all are painful. Abortion is a personal decision for a woman and there are various reasons for it. A woman who is not able to cope up with the child needs, suffering from some mental, illness or if the child has some birth defects. Then a woman takes the decision to abort the child. Following are some of the ways for abortion:
1. Medical abortion: A variety of medicines are given to the woman to end the pregnancy. Sometimes a single pill is given for abortion and sometimes, series of pills are given depending on the time of pregnancy and severe medical issues which a woman may face during pregnancy.
2. Suction curettage procedure: Some women may need to opt for surgical abortion and from nine weeks until 14 weeks abortion is performed by dilatation or the suction curettage procedure. This is a surgical procedure.
3. Induction abortion: To end the second or third-trimester pregnancy induction abortion is done and this method of abortion is performed when there is some kind of medical issue or illness in the fetus of a woman.
4. Dilation and Evacuation: This procedure of abortion is performed after the last menstrual period within 13 to 24 weeks. A day or two before the abortion laminaria is inserted to open the cervix wide for accommodating the large fetal size. This is done a day or two before the abortion day and finally the fetus is torn and cut to extract its remains.
5. Saline: This method is performed after 15 weeks of pregnancy where a long needle is inserted in the abdomen of a woman in the amniotic sac directly. The saline abortion may take up to 5 to 6 hours as the amniotic fluid will be replaced by strong salt solution which will suffocate the fetus and result in convulsions at times. The woman may labor after 12 hours approximately and this can take up to 24 hours for a woman to deliver.
The best way perhaps is to take abortion pills. They can be taken whenever you need and is the easiest way to undergo the process. However, you need to ensure that you take these pills only when you are sure as the process is irreversible.